Saturday 20 August 2011

busy day

Hello!  I realize it's a bit late to be on here writing a blog, but this is my first one, and I don't actually care what the time is right now.  Today was a busy day.  I was at my grandparents place last night, and went for breakfast with them this morning.  I had delicious bacon and eggs...mmm!  Shortly after that, the Grunthal Parade took place.  A good friend of mine met me at the parade, and I got to meet her nephew for the first time.  It was a lot of fun.  The little guy caught a whole bunch of candy, and shared it with all of us.  They had to leave right after the parade, so I found some other friends and went for a chicken dinner with them, which was quite tasty!  Right after lunch, I went back to my grandparents to get ready for a wedding I was about to go to.  A good friend from where I used to work got married this afternoon.  It was a beautiful wedding, and the bride looked STUNNING.  No exaggeration.  She looked amazing.  They had quite a yummy supper there too!  Boy, I'm just being fed so well today!  When I left the wedding, I went back to Grunthal where High Valley was about to play.  I watched and listened to the band with the same friends as I went for chicken with, and watched Rio right after that.

This morning in between breakfast and the parade, I had a bit of down-time, so I began memorizing the Sermon on the Mount.  In one of my classes this coming semester, we have the choice of writing a paper, or memorizing the Sermon on the Mount.  Matthew 5-7 is one of my favorite passages, so I decided awhile ago that I would memorize it.  I've now memorized The Beattitudes, and the first verse of Salt and Light.  I'm quite excited to do this assignment; excited about what God will teach me in the process.  I know that it will be a challenge, but I'm okay with that.  It will also be a lot of fun.  Even if it doesn't stay memorized forever, parts of it will always come back to mind when I need them for something.  Jesus teaches a lot in that passage, and it is quite wonderful.

Well...I really should go to sleep now; gonna go to the Community church service in Grunthal tomorrow, and spend the day there again.  The fair days are on this weekend.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment